Pipe Replacement in Gaithersburg
Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever – and this includes the pipes in your home. Over the years, your pipes will eventually experience corrosion, rust and decay, which means that they will become more vulnerable to damage and potential leaks that can cause all kinds of problems.
While you don’t necessarily have to replace all of your pipes because they are aging, your aging pipes may need to be replaced because of damage and leaks. In such cases, replacing the pipes instead of trying to repair them is probably the best course of action.
If you need pipe replacement in Maryland, then you’ll want to contact us at Stang Plumbing & Heating right away.
Do I Need Professional Pipe Replacement?
The following are a few things that you should know about your pipes as well as a few signs to look out for that are a possible indicator that you need pipe replacement in Maryland:
- Lead pipes – If your home was built in the early 1900s or before and the pipes have never been replaced, then they are probably made out of lead. Lead pipes should be replaced immediately as they can be a serious health hazard if they leak lead into your drinking water.
- Corrosion – If your home is more than 60 years old, then you should have your pipes inspected regularly for indications of corrosion, which include discoloration, flaking and stains. You can look for these signs yourself in exposed pipes, but if you do spot them, you should contact a professional for a more thorough inspection.
- Regular leaks – Having a leak doesn’t mean that all of your pipes need to be replaced, but if your pipes seem to experience leaks on a regular basis, then it could be a sign that you may want to replace the pipes in your entire home.
- Bitter water – If your water has a bitter, metallic taste to it, then it might be caused by the deterioration of your pipes.
- Discolored water – If your water has a brownish or yellowish tint to it, then it means that the water is affected by rust, which is a sign that your pipes are decaying. The best way to check is to fill your bathtub full of water – especially after you’ve been away from home for a few days since the water has had some time to sit in your pipes for a while.
Schedule Pipe Replacement in Maryland
If you notice any signs that you may need to have your pipes replaced, then contact us at Stang Plumbing & Heating for an estimate today. We will send one of our professional contractors to do a thorough inspection of your pipes so that they can properly assess the problem and inform you as to whether replacing your pipes is the best course of action. We have served customers in Maryland for over 50 years and have come to be regarded as one of the most trusted services in the area, something that’s reflected in our “A” rating from Angie’s List.
The right water heater for your home is a more important decision than you may realize. With the correct one fitted to your home and...