Boiler Repair in Gaithersburg, Maryland
Most boilers will last between 10 and 15 years as long as they are properly maintained throughout their lifetime. At Stang Plumbing & Heating, we recommend that you have your Gaithersburg boiler inspected by a professional on a yearly basis. Doing so can help uncover potential issues that will cost much less to repair if you catch them early. However, you may end up needing repair work whether you get a regular inspection or not.
If you think there’s something wrong with your boiler, don’t put off scheduling a boiler repair as the problem will only grow worse and become more expensive.
If you’re in need of boiler repair in Gaithersburg, contact us at Stang Plumbing & Heating or call 301-926-1462 for prompt and professional service!
Signs Your Boiler Needs Repair
The following are signs that there’s something wrong with your boiler and that you should contact us to schedule an inspection right away:
- Your boiler is making strange sounds – Most boilers make some kind of noise when they are operating, but it shouldn’t stand out. If you suddenly hear loud, strange sounds that you don’t normally hear, then there’s something wrong with the boiler.
- Your energy costs are going up – Although there are a number of reasons why your energy costs are going up, one of those reasons could be because your boiler has become less efficient. Speak with your energy supplier first to see if there was a raise in prices or whether your usage rate has gone up. If everything has stayed the same, then it’s most likely a problem with your boiler. We will thoroughly inspect your boiler in order to identify what that problem is so that we can repair it.
- Your boiler is emitting a strange odor – If your boiler isn’t burning the way it’s supposed to, then it could end up emitting a slight odor. Although it may be faint, it’s a good indicator that something’s not right and could be the result of a carbon monoxide leak. Check around the boiler’s casing for any dark spots. If you see any, contact us right away for a professional inspection.
- Your boiler is taking longer to heat up – If it’s taking longer for your home to heat up, then your boiler may be growing less effective. Regular maintenance can help prevent this from happening, but once it begins growing older, it may need repair work to keep it working as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- The boiler’s flame is yellow – A yellow flame is a sign that there’s a problem with your boiler’s combustion process. The flame should normally be blue. If it’s yellow, it means that it’s producing too much carbon monoxide, which is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that can be potentially deadly if produced in large amounts. You’ll want this looked at immediately since this is indicative of a safety issue.
To schedule a boiler repair service in Gaithersburg, be sure to contact us at Stang Plumbing & Heating today!
Why Choose Stang Plumbing & Heating for Boiler Repair Services?
At Stang Plumbing & Heating, we have an excellent reputation throughout Southern Maryland and have earned a top rating in the Washington Checkbook every year since 1989. Additionally, we have earned a coveted “A” rating from Angie’s List, the country’s most trusted source for contractor and service company ratings.